21 February 2007

Another arrival.

I'm listening to some beautiful recorder or flute music that's playing somewhere in the hotel. I don't know where, but I'm so glad to hear it.

Thich Nhat Hanh arrrived today. The whole delegation went to meet him at the airport. It was really intense and emotional. He's a really diferent sort of person, I can't describe it. He glows, he exudes. The crowds just ate him alive, it was actually a little scary.

We'll celebrate Tet with him tomorrow at Phap Van temple. My monastic friends from Vermont are here! I'm so excited!

I'm sorry I don't have more pictures at the moment.

I got my robe today! I'm in!

What else. My new roommate is French, so I'm reviving the language skills. Walked around in Q11 on my own today. So hot outside. And sticky.

Little monks at the airport. 7 or 8 years old, maybe younger. Tiny faces with their heads partially shaved. It's a novice thing, I think. I don't know why yet, I'll find out.

Until Next Time, eyes open!

No comments: