21 November 2004

GIP: Paris

Enfin. The Pictures from Paris.


Where are we? Oh right, PARIS!


Claire, Pierre, Phillipe, and I in front of the Eiffel Tower


And later, at night, while the tower was scintillating...


Mounting Montmartre to Sacre Coeur


The view from the steps of Sacre Coeur


The family (Pierre, Annie, Me, Phillipe) from Sacre Coeur


Yes, that WOULD be Moulin Rouge


And look at that. L'Arc de Triomphe.


And the Louvre!


And the Musee D'Orsay! (I love the shadows behind the glass. I wrote about them. Something I might post later.)


The Baths of Apollo at Versailles, my favorite thing.

So, that was Paris.

I hope you enjoyed yourself.

I miss you.

Until Next Time, "When the wind finds you, it fights you. It will wrestle its way into your eyes, your guts, your bones; it wants to freeze you into a delicate shell, to shatter, and scatter, to the city of lights, impervious below."

COUNTDOWN to return: 192 days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thankyou. did you write that last bit from the
top of the tower? did you "lose" your famille and camp out overnite in the musee d'orsay? don't forget to breathe. and take nice deep ones, so some of it comes back to us. t'aime, gg