02 December 2004

Le Coup de Main

I am weary of posting this in a public place, but I figure I can wipe the page from the history of this computer, and be done with it.

I am a part of this SECRET SOCIETY at my school which I happen to think is the coolest thing ever. Honestly. I wish it had been my idea, because then I would be cool. It's just awesome.

We call ourselves "Le Coup De Main" which is french for "A Helping Hand" (and, as there are five of us, it works out well...) and when any of the five of us (one from each class plus the founding member) see someone who's having a bad day, we report back, and then we all work together to get a little something organized to anonymously brighten that person's day. It is QUITE POSSIBLY the best thing in the whole world to see the look on someone's face when they read the note or wear the scarf or eat the candy and really SMILE.

Now, however many of you there are at Hawken, or at your own schools, reading this, I want you to email me if you could be at all interested in participating in a group like this so I can give guidelines or guidance or something for starting one. BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST THING EVER. And I know it sounds strange, in some form, but it's easy, and I know you will love it.

We just made our first pass this morning, and I shall post pictures some other day. God, warm fuzzy feelings should be used as money.

In other news:

I love you and I miss you and I'm just so happy.

Until Next Time, "Let there be light."

COUNTDOWN to return: ??? days

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that was me......lol sry i forgot to leave me name

Anonymous said...

oh sweet jesus........those last two posts were me, Rob.......:-P

Anonymous said...

omg maddie...what an AWESOME idea..and so totally you! i would love to be a part of something like that...please help us in organizing one here, too!

i miss you!

Beth