23 September 2004

Avenir Rennes

So, let's pause and reflect.

Hmmm.

Where do I start?

Two days ago, I was walking down rue Duchesse Anne, which is perpendicular tothe allee (the little street that my school is on), and a little girl was standing on the sidewalk in front of me. She was no taller than a foot and a half, she had straight sandy blonde hair and little blueandwhite striped railroad man overalls, and I couldn't see her face. She had her back to me, and was perfectly still. Walking up to her, I couldn't tell if she was a child or a doll. Every part of her was proportionally ideal, impecably positioned. It was almost creepy. But then her mother came out of the door just to her right, annd they took hands, and she started walking/skipping/frolicing down the street. It was amazingly perfect. I swear to god, it came from a storybook. And here's the thing. Something about this little, tiny doll of a child was so alluring, I was speeding up to catch a glimpse of her face. But I couldn't. I didn't reach her in time, and so I actually have no idea what she looks like. But I've been thinking about it ever since. A captivating little french girl in blue overalls, making the world go round.

Yesterday, on my way to my second gymnastics place, I passed a butcher who had all these cartoon pictures of the three little pigs and the wolf, and the boy who cried wolf and all those sheep, and cartoon cows and Bambi and Peter Rabbit in his shop window. I laughed out loud of the irony, and then I felt like I was a sick, sad, strange young woman, and that I should be shot, and then someone should draw a cartoon of it to put on display at my funeral.

Now that was a terrible string of images, but that's what ran through my head.

The french have a very strange sense of humor.

Oh yes, I started a second gymnastics class, to test it out. Avenir Rennes. It was a million times better than the last one, I actually enjoyed myself, even though I was the WORST one in the room, and I was the only new person, so the isolation was unreal, but I felt like I was working again, and I know that I can make my body remember some things. So it meets Wednesdays and Fridays, and if tonight isn't fun, that's what I'm doing.

BUT TONIGHT, I have Trampoline and Tumbling.

And let me tell you, I am BEYOND excited.

So yay.

Except, pain.

So sore, biked to school today, there's a big hill, so sore.

I wish I was writing more. For myself I mean. I haven't worked on anything worthwhile since before I left.

I'm crap.

Today is a strange day.

I slept poorly last night, I had twisted dreams.

I miss home, a lot, today, especially today.

But of course, that's normal, right?

Of course it is.

I'm sorry that I'm behind on my emails. I promise, I'm doing my best.

I love you guys.

Until Next Time, "The Atlantic was born today..."

COUNTDOWN to return: 253 days

PS: I can get on AIM express at school! So if anyone is around the computers between like 8 and 10 am, I'll be doing what I can to catch you LIVE.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there are no beautiful little doll children in cleveland, only fat kids, it's rather upsetting.
and i biked to school yesterday too!

"...Most people were overjoyed; they took to their boats. I thought it less like a lake and more like a moat. The rhythm of my footsteps crossing flatlands to your door have been silenced forevermore. And the distance is quite simply much to far for me to row; it seems farther than ever before I need you so much closer"

sleep well tonigt and feel better
we all miss you
-Will