15 September 2004

Rouge

So, here's the lowdown:

Yesterday, we took our placement tests for Math and French. Not fun. Not fun at all. They went quickly, and they were both what I expected, only harder than I'd guessed, but still, just NOT FUN. And as it turned out, not very successful, either. Well, no, Math was fine. I ended up in the equivalent of AMH, which is where I'd be if I were still at Hawken. But the french landed me out of AP french lit. Which SUCKS. a lot. I know that if I tested for the slot that I'm in, this is where I should be, but I wanted that class so bad, I'm not quite sure why. So basically, I'll be petition to take the class anyway, but it's going to take a few weeks, and a lot of re-working, and teacher conferences and blah blah blah. Basically, it's a long shot. But I'm not taking French history, since we covered it last year, so I can opt out, and this way my schedule is much more free for the extra work that it may entail. Be that as it may, I'm still aggravated. It's a stress I bring down upon myself. It turns out that I can't just cross the Atlantic to get away from it.

After morning classes, we're going to St. Malo, which is maybe an hour away by bus, it's supposed to be beautiful. And rainy. But we all brought bathing suits. Who knows what'll happen.

So that's the news. Family is good, Rennes is good. I went walking around on my own yesterday, just hopped on a bus and went to the center of town. It's amazing here, the independance we all have. I bought The Giver by Lois Lowry en francais.

Everything here costs too much money.

But it's beautiful.

Ugh, I'm lonely and emo. I'm no fun at all.

Miss you.

Until Next Time, at least red's my favorite color.

COUNTDOWN to return: 260 days

No comments: