05 September 2004

The Great iPod Escape

My friends are truly amazing people. I've never been so touched by a group of people, I've never felt so loved or connected or integral to someone or something. Something being our group, our little circle of love. I love you guys so much.

On Friday night, my friends threw me a suprise going away party. There were roses and ice cream cake and bathing suits and a bunch of independantly wonderful people coming together in a pool house at 830 in the dark on the left side of the room to bid me farewell. They were all smiling and laughing and I was surrounded by some of the most kindhearted people the world has to offer. It was one of the best nights of my life.

And the coup de gras? THEY BOUGHT ME AN iPOD!!! An iPod. A fucking 20GB, massively amazing iPod which holds all of my music and more and is exactly what I needed and thought I would wait for and never needs batteries and has all of the most comforting songs in the world on it as of this night that I have spent slaving in front of iTunes. They all chipped in to Molly's idea, and apparently they were at the store in Legacy Village buying it while I was there with my grandparents for dinner, and they saw me sitting on a bench. It's like a plot thickening moment. Gah, iPOD.

I'm gonna miss this place, dear me.

What else? We've done more shopping, and I'm even closer to being fully prepared for departure. How scary is that?

I am pressing one of my roses. It shall last forever.

Until Next Time, "I'll be thad."

COUNTDOWN TO DEPARTURE: 4 days

COUNTDOWN TO RETURN: 270 days

No comments: