14 September 2004

Le Jardin de Thabor

Salut! *bis, bis*

Comment ca-va? Est-ce que tu as passe une bonne journee?

Bon. Moi aussi.

So there you go.

Last night, I bought school supplies. All the binders in france have 4 clasps instead of 3, all the paper if graph paper, and they actually sell paper called les doubles that are two sheets connect at the wholes for larger assignments. Apparently, it's essential. Apparently, it's not alright just to us 2 single sheets. Apparently, our culture is a little behind on the full potential of school supplies.

And I got to watch my sister chat sur MSN. It was CRAZY! Talk about culture shock. Not only is all her chat in french (duh) but it's slang, internet french, so instead of "j'ai" it's "g" and for all the "qu" they us "k"... par example, "g un stylo aujourd'hui ke je l'aime bien." There were more, but I don't know them. mpdr is the substitute for lol. they like american swear words A LOT. And, they fait les bis to say goodbye.

Why don't we do stuff comme ca?

But I can't download AIM here. It's too complicated. BUT if any of you reading this want to create an MSN account, I can chat with you there. Email me if you have time to do so. I can get on the computer at home.

Took my french examen this morning for placement. It was a joke. We shall see. Whatever happens, I'll learn, right?

And we took a walking tour of Rennes today, not very far. Mais en faites, le Jardin de Thabor is SO BEAUTIFUL. It's in the very center of town just 2 blocks from school, and there are roses everywhere and paved walkways and stone benches, and I've never seen anything so green. The walls are high enough that you can't see the city at all, so you honestly feel like you're in a completely different world. It's one of the most tranquil places I've ever been. I wish all of you could come visit it with me. It's hard to see surrounded by people you only barely know. But they do have interesting views on things. One of my friends, Max, said something while we were there that reminded me so violently of someone at home that I had to stop walking and pull myself together. It was surreal. Everything here is surreal. And lonely, and brilliant, and perfectly wonderful.

I miss you all.

Until Next Time, the easiest question on my french test was about Babar. So Babar, this one's for you.

COUNTDOWN to return: 261 days

No comments: