13 September 2004

I'm Here!

So it's REAL.

I'm here.

And I'm just gonna give the facts, to speed up my time on this computer. I have limited time.

The town is beautiful. Everything is smaller and older and a little more exotic, just because there is nothing but french. But the buildings are older, and there is more stone, and more metal, all very old and intricate.

The school is small and sweet, it's only the neccessities, and everyone in it seems wonderfully accomidating. We start classes on Thursday, and orientation everyday until then.

My house is perfect. It's in a cute neighborhood, and one of the family's close friends has a girl staying with them, her name is Grace, and she was one of the four students not to be trapped in Boston for 3 days. She's so sweet, and I'll be doing all of my traveling with her. I'm really happy about it. It's making the transition a lot smoother. And I have my room, I made it homey and personal, there are pictures all over the place, it makes me sad, but I love it.

AND the family! Annie, the mother, is the one who interacts with me the most, and she's hilarious. Everyone is patient with me, they laugh when I make mistakes, they correct me when I'm wrong. The father, Philipe, is very eager to teach, and Pierre doesn't say much, but he's really sweet. Claire is ADORABLE, and we get a long really well. We actually bonded a little, in french, last night.

I'm going to be happy here. I really am.

I miss you.

Until Next Time, the french is coming.

COUNTDOWN to return: 262 days


No comments: